Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So, I was at my sister's house last week. VOTING DAY!!! She came home with a sticker on letting the world know that she voted. How cool, I thought. Until I looked at the bottom of the sticker. It says 'Yo Vote' (I voted in spanish). My issue with this is that I thought you had to be able to speak English to be a citizen. And, don't you have to be a citizen to vote? So, why do we need stickers in spanish or any other language for that matter.


On a more positive note. . .while we were there, Lindsay (my sister) made us ice cream. This was the BEST ice cream I ever had. I is called 'Fat Man's Delight'. . .yeah, the name says it all. I believe the recipe came from my sister-in-law, Ruth.

Fat Man's Delight Ice Cream:
1 lb. milky way bars
1/2 can chocolate syrup
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

Cook above ingredients until melted. . .continue to stir over low heat until candy bars are melted.

Stir in:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 quart half and half.

Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Pour into ice cream maker and enjoy!
Seriously. . .try it!

1 comment:

Love Lorri said...

Go Whit! and what is with the chinese in the middle? Heavens!